The iPad tablet, in general, means a lot of things, and all of them good. The larger screens, the plethora of apps, and the built-in cellular and Wi-Fi connectivity make iPads ideal for seasoned videographers and newbies alike. Besides, it also makes it easy to share all your videos with friends and family several ways. Here we'll guide you through sharing your videos from iPad (Pro) onto YouTube - the most popular online sharing website.
Question: Is there a way to upload videos from iPad Pro to YouTube?
A friend of mine who received an iPad from his employer wanted to show me a YouTube video. Now he has some videos taken on his iPad Pro, but you know how the formating of everything on the screen is different on the ipad, he found the icon to click on for uploading was nowhere to be found. Is it just extra hard to find in the complicated iPad formatting? If so can someone tell him how to find it? Thanks.
Answer: Sharing videos that you create using your iPad (Pro) on YoutTube is very easy as iOS for iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch has YouTube integration built right in.
Part 1: How to post a video from iPad (Pro) to YouTube with iOS and iPad app?
1. Select Video. To select a video to share on YouTube, tap on Photos app and select any video that you want to share.
2. Send Video to YouTube. You can see an arrow icon at the upper right hand corner of your screen. Click the icon and tap "Send to YouTube".
3. Sign in Your YouTube Account. If you already have an account on YouTube, sign in to YouTube by providing user name and password.
4. Provide Video Details. The next screen will ask you about the details of your video. This may include title of your Video, description, tags, and category. You can choose between the different resolutions for your uploaded video.
You can select either high definition version or standard definition. We recommend you to use High definition version by tapping on HD. Please note that HD version takes longer to upload, if you want a quick upload, you can use standard version for your video.
This is it!! Your iPad will start uploading your video to your YouTube account automatically. There is no need to wait till whole video is uploaded as iPad allows you to close Photos app and continue doing other things on your iPad while it upload the video quietly in the background. The iPad (Pro) will notify you by displaying a pop up on your screen once the upload successfully completes.
Part 2: How to Upload iPad 1080p HD video to YouTube with iMovie?
With iLife'11, Apple implemented a lot more social features to better integrated the desktop suite with social networks such as Flickr, Facebook, Vimeo and Youtube. iMovie'11 can upload 1080p HD videos directly to Youtube without having to trick the application in god knows what obscure way as in the previous editions of iMovie.
Part 3: How to edit your iPad videos before posting/uploading to YouTube?
Yes, you of course can upload iPad video to YouTube via iOS app and iMovie! This is not a tough work. The tough work is what if the video is too large and it will definitely take a long time to upload your iPad video to YouTube – that's unpleased, isn't that? So how to cut the video or get the certain part of the video from iPad (Pro) to upload onto YouTube more easily and quickly? Here you can get an answer:
Using iMovie to edit iPad video before uploading to YouTube
If you are a Mac user, there is a native video editing tool named iMovie for you to split your video:
- Plug your iPad (Pro) into the Mac
- Open iMovie
- Head to the File menu, choose Import from camera
- You will see the video shots on your iPad (Pro), select the target ones to import to the iMovie
- Now you can see the video appeared in the left bottom of the main interface of iMovie, drag it to the top right section for editing
- Move the mouse cursor to the point where you wanna it to be beginning of the video click it and then move the cursor to the point where is the end of the iPad video which would be uploaded
- After the selection, head to Edit bar and choose Cut
- Now you have shortened the iPad video. To share to YouTube, go to Share menu and select YouTube
- Enter your Facebook info
- Click OK
If you want to edit, add titles or transitions, or otherwise make your videos even more fantastic before uploading, you can do that right on your iPad (Pro) with either Apple's iMovie.
Using Third-party app to edit iPad video before uploading to YouTube
No iMovie or prefer other Mac video editor? The second way to upload video from iPad to YouTube website is putting your videos to desktop or laptop, and then convert the recorded 1080p HD video from iPad (Pro) to YouTube compatible video format.
Then try Dimo Video Converter Ultimate for Mac. This is a Mac converting and editing tool which is high chance of being used to solve video format compatibility issues to share iPad HD videos as well as 4K recordings to YouTube without error, or to convert them to edit in FCP/iMovie/Avid MC/Premiere Pro, or for wide compatibility, whatever. For experienced users, it also offers some flexible options to customize your movie including parameter setting and video editing. Based on tech site review, we select out this top-trending macOS Sierra compatible app to free download, which can do video conversion and editing on Mac (OS Sierra included) with no quality loss speedily.
Hwo to Transfer your iPad video to Mac?
If your video on iPad is shot by the iPad camera, you of course can easily transfer the video back to Mac easily:
- Connect the device to Mac
- Open iPhoto if the app didn't launched automatically, then you will see the photos and videos shot by your iPad camera by clicking the device name under Devices in the left sidebar of iPhoto.
- Select the target video, head to the top right corner of the iPhoto interface, where you can see "Import selected", click it.
- After that, your video shot would be shown in the "Last Import "category section, right click the imported video under the category, then you will see a pop-up windows where you need to choose "Copy", now the video have been copied to the desktop of your Mac.
How to convert the recorded iPad (Pro) 1080p HD video to YouTube on Mac
* On your Mac, install and run this Mac iPad video converter for YouTube
* Load in iPad 1080p HD video to the converter, select YouTube format for video conversion
* Click "Start" to begin iPad video to YouTube conversion
* After converting, you can upload converted 1080p videos to YouTube and share it.
Tip: Retouch and Edit video files before uploading
Click the "Edit" button to open the video edit window. You can flip, trim, add watermarks, and set some special video effects, make 3D videos to make them look greater! Or add converted videos to Mac Video Editor, drag and drop them onto Timeline. The control buttons on timeline help you locate frames accurately so that you can cut, trim, delete, and merge video clips in a much easier way.
Now you know how to share videos to YouTube so you can get out there and start testing out the new camera in your brand iPad Pro. For Windows PC users, Dimo Video Converter Ultimate will enable you to convert your video to YouTube best uploading format and edit them in extremely easy way.
I hope you will find this tutorial helpful and interesting!
Feel free to share your feedback in the comments below or contact us if you have any issues.