Even a piece of news titled "Army Special Operations Command reportedly ditching Android for iPhone in the field" from Techcrunch draws great attentions from the masses, it doesn't mean Android based Samsung Galaxy S7 (Edge) has been knocked off. The new Galaxy S7/S7 Edge still receives wide popularity because of the exceptional mobile experience it can bring. With big screens in incredibly slim designs that fit comfortably in the palm of your hand and additional 256GB with a microSD card, you can transfer many high quality movies into your S7 (Edge) for playing when you are free. This article is written to give some tips for those who are planning to put ISO files onto Galaxy S7 and Galaxy S7 Edge.
You might get disappointed that Galaxy S7 (Edge) supports very limited formats and ISO files are the phone does not play. But you can try to switch your way of thinking: what if I can mount ISO file and convert them to Galaxy S7 (Edge) compatible video format like MPEG-4 or H.264 MP4? And it is easy to be done as long as you got the right tool in hand.
An ISO image is an exact copy of the data on an optical disc, such as a CD, DVD, or Blu-ray Disc. Using the right software, you can create ISO images from optical discs and use them in place of the physical discs. You can find many programs that are capable of creating and loading your downloaded or created ISO images, including a handful of no-cost options. One free program worth trying is Daemon Tools Lite. Like just about all free ISO-image programs, Daemon Tools Lite requires you to opt out of installing additional software during its installation procedure; pay close attention, and you can easily avoid the extra software.
When you insert a disc into a PC's optical drive, Windows automatically mounts the disc on the drive. When you want to use an ISO image, you must create a virtual drive and mount the ISO image on it. During its installation, Daemon Tools Lite creates a virtual drive for you.
1. Launch Daemon Tools Lite.
Use this menu to mount an ISO disc image.
2. In the main window, right-click a virtual drive in the bottom panel. Select Mount from the context menu.
3. Choose the ISO image you wish to mount.
4. The selected ISO image will appear in Windows as a virtual disc loaded in a virtual drive. You can interact with the ISO image as you would with an optical disc loaded in a drive.
I have tried several different rippers and found the Dimo Video Converter Ultimate exports qualified video with reasonable size in mounted ISO to Galaxy S7 (Edge) conversion. And the time it takes to convert in this software is almost half that in other. Plus, it's an ultimate solution for Blu-ray/DVD discs backup and conversion. It supports quick full Blu-ray disc copy or DVD backing up into lossless mkv file at 30X fast speed with fast mode activated. Best of all, creating 3D movies for watching on Gear VR via Galaxy S7/Galaxy S7 Edge is also possible. Just download the program and follow the guide below to rip mounted ISO image files to Galaxy S7 (Edge) in just a few mouse clicks.
Software Download [Free and Clean]
1. Run the program, click the "Add DVD" or "Add Blu-ray" to load your mounted ISO image files. Of course, it also supports ripping Blu-ray/DVD disc, Blu-ray/DVD folder.
2. For "Select Format" dropdown list; you'll get a lot of choices. For converting mounted ISO to Galaxy S7 (Edge), you can select "Device > Samsung > Galaxy S7 Edge" as output format.
3. Hit tthe "Start" button at the bottom right corner to start ripping mounted ISO movies to Galaxy S7 (Edge) supported MP4 format. Wait for a while, you will get the converted movie file. Transfer it to Galaxy S7 (Edge). Then you can watch Blu-ray and DVD ISO movies on Galaxy S7 (Edge) anywhere anytime.
Method 1. Sync music and videos files with Samsung Kies
Just connect your Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge with Samsung Kies 3, you will be able to synchronize data from Kies to Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
Method 2. Move music, video to Galaxy S7/S7 Edge via USB cable
Step 1: Connect the USB cable with the slot on your Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge and the USB slot on your PC.
Step 2: Open the notification panel and you should see a notification with "Connected as a media device".
Step 3: Open this entry and activate "Connect as" and "Media device (MTP)".
Step 4: Now switch to your PC and open the file manager or Windows Explorer.
Step 5: Now you should see the entry "Galaxy S7/S7 Edge".
Step 6: Open this entry and you see the folders like "music", "videos" or "download". Now just drop your files in the folders and you’re done.
Method 3. Transfer with Windows Media Player
Step 1. Connect Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge to PC with the USB cable that comes with the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
Step 2. Launch Windows Media Player on PC, and on the left side bar of Windows Media Player, you’ll find the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge icon.
Step 3. Click on the "Sync" button in top right corner. Drag music, videos, and photos to the "Sync list" area. Here you can drag music, videos, and photos from both the Windows Media Library and your PC folders.
Step 4. When you have dragged all the music, video, and photo files you want to watch on the Galaxy S7/S7 Edge, click "Start sync."
Step 5. Move to the left side bar to click "Sync status" under your Galaxy S7/S7 Edge option to check whether the videos, music and photos have been copied and transferred to your Samsung Galaxy S7/S7 Edge.
Method 4. The Useful Galaxy S7 Helper: Media Server Software
Dimo Video Converter Ultimate (Download) is also really a useful and easy to use Media Server to transfer/send movies wirelessly even if you are a beginner you won't need to study numerous tutorials.
Samsung Galaxy Note 5
Video Playing Format
MP4, M4V, 3GP, 3G2, WMV, ASF,
Video Playing Resolution
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) @60fps
MP3, M4A, 3GA, AAC, OGG, OGA, WAV, WMA, AMR, AWB, FLAC, MID, MIDI, XMF, MXMF, IMY, RTTTL, RTX, OTA
1. Video/Audio Settings- If you're not satisfied with results, you can click "Settings" to change the video encoder, resolution, frame rate, etc. as you wish. Remember the file size and video quality is based more on bitrate than resolution which means bitrate higher results in big file size, and lower visible quality loss.
2. Freely mirror local movies to Galaxy S7 (Edge)- Dimo Video Converter Ultimate is rising-star in Mobile File Sharing, is the ideal choice for you to mirror files on PC to Galaxy S7/S7 Edge with its supported format for playing over WiFi or Internet, while without the risk of out of space. Mac version is here.
We will go to great lengths to solve your problems if you have any issues with putting ISO to Galaxy S7/S7 Edge for smooth playback. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org.